Brockswood Primary and Nursery School – Sports Premium 2017/2018
Since 2013, the Government have invested a significant amount of money to help improve PE in schools and enhance children’s access to a larger variety of sport. This funding is ring-fenced and can therefore only be spent on supporting pupils’ progress and participation in PE and school sport.
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil. We will receive approximately £16 480 in the 2017/2018 academic year.
Our rationale for the use of our Sports Premium is that it must be used for:
- the benefit of all children, irrespective of sporting ability
- participation in competitive events
- the development of skills across all staff
- the development of a healthy life for all children
Following published guidelines of how to use this premium, our plans for the use of the funding includes:
- employing a qualified sports coach to work alongside staff to enhance provision
- membership of the Dacorum School Sports Network
- organising and coordinating whole school sports events to foster a love of all physical activity
- increasing access to competitive sport in which our children are able to participate – developing essential skills to ensure increased success at these events
- encouraging children to participate in lunch time and extra-curricular clubs
- initiatives that enhance the children’s understanding of the importance of physical activity as part of a healthy lifestyle – eg Daily Mile
- Youth Sports Trust – gold package
The impact will be measured as part of our self-evaluation process. We will incorporate data, pupil voice and parent views when assessing the impact of our initiatives. Adjustments will take all of these factors into consideration. A measure of success will include: improved participation, enhanced love of sport and healthier children.